Las Dunas Costa Brava Surfweek
Eine Woche, zwei Wettbewerbe
Freestyle Windsurfen auf höchstem Niveau!
Wettstreit der Eurotour SUP, Europa’s führender Padelsurf Meisterschaft (Teilnahme für jedermann möglich )
Geniesse das Meer und den Wassersport, indem du die Wettkämpfe aus nächster Nähe erlebst. Ferner warten die Einrichtungen eines der besten Ferienparks der Costa Brava auf dich.
Haben Sie noch Fragen?
Häufig gestellte Fragen
Is it easy to see the windsurfing jumps from the beach?
The competition will take place in front of the Campsite’s beach and you will be able to see all the jumps commented live by a speaker and in different languages.
Can I participate in all scheduled activities?
Of course ! Next to FaseWind there will be stands with various programmed activities such as children’s workshops, sports activities for teenagers on the beach, relaxing activities with dogs, sup yoga sessions, and much more …
What activities will be organised during the Surfweek?
During the Surfweek Camping Las Dunas and FaseWind offer a lot more than the two competitions.
All clients who have accommodation on the campsite or have paid their entrance ticket, may use all the campiste’s facilities freely, including the large waterpark with slides.
The surfschool FaseWind offers rentals and courses.
During the event there will be an activites area around the surfschool where we will organise the following activities:
- Autograph sessions with the riders
- Windsurf classes with the riders
- Paddle Surf
- Paddle Yoga
- Paddle with dogs
- Urban Art (spray paint)
- Skim board
- Zumba on the beach
- And some more surpises we will anounce in the near future
This programme may vary and more activites might be added as the Surfweek date approaches.
Who can come to see the event?
- Anyone staying at Camping Las Dunas has free access to the event.
- People who want to come to enjoy the atmosphere of the competition and the services of the campsite, will also be able to access the resort, with the purchase of the day ticket
What days will the competitions take place?
- The competition consists of a simple and a double eliminatory, and the tests will take place from May 21th to 26th.
- The eliminatory ones are of a competitor against another one, where it is advanced round by round until the end. Once the simple tie is made, the competitors can get a second opportunity with the double elimination.
What does the Freestyle discipline consist of?
Freestyle is a free discipline and possibly the most spectacular one, where athletes perform vertical and horizontal rotations, usually with flat water.
¿Puedo ir a la Surfweek si no estoy alojado en el camping?
Sí se puede. El precio por día es 5,00€ por persona, niños hasta 10 años gratis. Aparcar el coche dentro del recinto del camping cuesta 5,00€ por día.
La entrada incluye el uso de todas las instalaciones del camping como la piscina con toboganes y los sanitarios.
Where can I eat during the Surfweek?
You can find a variety of restaurants on Camping las Dunas
- The Las Dunas Restaurant, with table service, is located just beside the pool bar. We specialise in local cuisine; paellas, fresh fish and regional products.
- In the Take Away restaurant you can get pizzas, roast chicken, french fries and a large variety of take away food. Food may also be consumed on the Take Away terrace.
- In the Pool Bar we serve breakfast and „fast food“ like sandwiches, hamburgers, tapas en much more. Here you can also find our ice cream parlour.
- Apart from these restaurants, Las Dunas offers variuos bars and a pub to get a drink.
Please beware that only visitors who paid their entrance fee or have booked an accommodation have access to the campsite facilities.
How does a freestyle trick score?
In each eliminatory round two surfers show their best manoeuvres which the judges evaluate from the beach. Each run consists of 5 to 7 tricks, that is 7 on the leg going out to sea and another 7 on the leg coming back in. Each trick gets between 0 and 10 points (10 being the best)
The scores received by runners depend on 3 variables:
- Difficulty of the maneuver
- Execution of the maneuver
- Variability of the maneuver
What happens with the Eurotour SUP when it’s windy?
If there is no wind, the course will be 12km, partially on sea and on the river. If it’s windy, the distance will be shortened to 10 km.