Las Dunas Costa Brava Surfweek
one week, two competitions⇩🤙⇩🤙⇩
Freestyle Windsurf at the highest level!
Part of the Eurotour SUP, Europe’s main SUP league (open inscriptions)
Live the full experience with some days on Las Dunas, among the best 5***** campsites of the Costa Brava
Got some questions?
Frequently Asked Questions
What activities will be organised during the Surfweek?
During the Surfweek Camping Las Dunas and FaseWind offer a lot more than the two competitions.
All clients who have accommodation on the campsite or have paid their entrance ticket, may use all the campiste’s facilities freely, including the large waterpark with slides.
The surfschool FaseWind offers rentals and courses.
During the event there will be an activites area around the surfschool where we will organise the following activities:
- Autograph sessions with the riders
- Windsurf classes with the riders
- Paddle Surf
- Paddle Yoga
- Paddle with dogs
- Urban Art (spray paint)
- Skim board
- Zumba on the beach
- And some more surpises we will anounce in the near future
This programme may vary and more activites might be added as the Surfweek date approaches.
Are there any offers on accommodation during the Surfweek?
If you book one of our bungalows (for 4 to 6 persons) you will get some very special extras:
- Free breakfast with the riders
- Free entrance to the BBQ party on Santurday the 20th of june
- Free participation in the activities.
Remember you can slo come with your own caravan, campervan or tent.
If you do not want to stay on the campsite you can buy a single day ticket at the campsite’s reception. Apart from the competitions and the Surfweek activities, you will also enjoy all the campsite facilities, including the large waterpark with slides.
The competitions are held just in front of the beach which has a public acces just behind the discotheque FATA. Only registered visitors may access the campsite.
What does the Freestyle discipline consist of?
Freestyle is a free discipline and possibly the most spectacular one, where athletes perform vertical and horizontal rotations, usually with flat water.
Can I visit the surfweek if I do not book an accommodation on the campsite?
Yes you can. The price for a day ticket is 5,00€ per person, children up to 10 years free. Parking the car on the campsite premises costs 5,00€ a day.
The use of all the campsite’s facilities, like the pool with slides, is included in the price.
What is the EFPT?
- The European Freestyle ProTour (EFPT) joins the best freestyle windsurfing competitions in Europe, with the best riders in the world. With a tour of 7-8 events per year, crowning the European freestyle champion and ranking the 12 best competitors for the Professional Windsurfers Association; a shortcut to the world champion title.
- The EFPT operates under the organization of the International Association of IFCA Funboard Classes and is officially responsible for organizing European Windsurfing Championships in the freestyle mode. From 2003 to today, the EFPT team has successfully organized more than 80 events in numerous European countries.
- One of these anual events is the EFPT Costa Brava, hosted and organised by Camping Las Dunas and the FaseWind nautical centre. This year will be the third edition.
Where can I eat during the Surfweek?
You can find a variety of restaurants on Camping las Dunas
- The Las Dunas Restaurant, with table service, is located just beside the pool bar. We specialise in local cuisine; paellas, fresh fish and regional products.
- In the Take Away restaurant you can get pizzas, roast chicken, french fries and a large variety of take away food. Food may also be consumed on the Take Away terrace.
- In the Pool Bar we serve breakfast and “fast food” like sandwiches, hamburgers, tapas en much more. Here you can also find our ice cream parlour.
- Apart from these restaurants, Las Dunas offers variuos bars and a pub to get a drink.
Please beware that only visitors who paid their entrance fee or have booked an accommodation have access to the campsite facilities.
What is the Euro Tour SUP?
- The Euro Tour SUP is the most important European Paddle Surf league.
- There are different disciplines: long distance, sprint, tecnical race, downwind,… For the Surfweek we will hold a DOWNWIND or LONG DISTANCE race. Both courses will be between 10 and 15 km.
- There will be two categories: ELITE (professional) and OPEN (open inscriptions), both male and female, all ages.
How does a freestyle trick score?
In each eliminatory round two surfers show their best manoeuvres which the judges evaluate from the beach. Each run consists of 5 to 7 tricks, that is 7 on the leg going out to sea and another 7 on the leg coming back in. Each trick gets between 0 and 10 points (10 being the best)
The scores received by runners depend on 3 variables:
- Difficulty of the maneuver
- Execution of the maneuver
- Variability of the maneuver
What happens with the EFPT if there is no wind?
If there is no wind, we will switch to TOW-IN, where the riders are pulled by a PWC (jetski) and perform their tricks right in front of the public on the beach.
What happens with the Eurotour SUP when it’s windy?
If there is no wind, the course will be 12km, partially on sea and on the river. If it’s windy, the distance will be shortened to 10 km.