Las Dunas Costa Brava Surfweek
EFPT Costa Brava 2019
Avez-vous des questions?
Questions fréquemment posées
Lire la suite
Is it easy to see the windsurfing jumps from the beach?
The competition will take place in front of the Campsite’s beach and you will be able to see all the jumps commented live by a speaker and in different languages.
If I do not stay on the campsite, can I see the event from the beach?
Can I participate in all scheduled activities?
Of course ! Next to FaseWind there will be stands with various programmed activities such as children’s workshops, sports activities for teenagers on the beach, relaxing activities with dogs, sup yoga sessions, and much more …
What activities will be organised during the Surfweek?
During the Surfweek Camping Las Dunas and FaseWind offer a lot more than the two competitions.
All clients who have accommodation on the campsite or have paid their entrance ticket, may use all the campiste’s facilities freely, including the large waterpark with slides.
The surfschool FaseWind offers rentals and courses.
During the event there will be an activites area around the surfschool where we will organise the following activities:
- Autograph sessions with the riders
- Windsurf classes with the riders
- Paddle Surf
- Paddle Yoga
- Paddle with dogs
- Urban Art (spray paint)
- Skim board
- Zumba on the beach
- And some more surpises we will anounce in the near future
This programme may vary and more activites might be added as the Surfweek date approaches.
Do I have to register in advance to be able to access the event?
- tNo, That is not necessary.
- You can go directly to Camping Las Dunas on the days of the event, or make a reservation and stay at the Campsite:
Are there any offers on accommodation during the Surfweek?
If you book one of our bungalows (for 4 to 6 persons) you will get some very special extras:
- Free breakfast with the riders
- Free entrance to the BBQ party on Santurday the 20th of june
- Free participation in the activities.
Remember you can slo come with your own caravan, campervan or tent.
If you do not want to stay on the campsite you can buy a single day ticket at the campsite’s reception. Apart from the competitions and the Surfweek activities, you will also enjoy all the campsite facilities, including the large waterpark with slides.
The competitions are held just in front of the beach which has a public acces just behind the discotheque FATA. Only registered visitors may access the campsite.
What days will the competitions take place?
- The competition consists of a simple and a double eliminatory, and the tests will take place from May 21th to 26th.
- The eliminatory ones are of a competitor against another one, where it is advanced round by round until the end. Once the simple tie is made, the competitors can get a second opportunity with the double elimination.
What does the Freestyle discipline consist of?
Freestyle is a free discipline and possibly the most spectacular one, where athletes perform vertical and horizontal rotations, usually with flat water.
Where can I eat during the Surfweek?
You can find a variety of restaurants on Camping las Dunas
- The Las Dunas Restaurant, with table service, is located just beside the pool bar. We specialise in local cuisine; paellas, fresh fish and regional products.
- In the Take Away restaurant you can get pizzas, roast chicken, french fries and a large variety of take away food. Food may also be consumed on the Take Away terrace.
- In the Pool Bar we serve breakfast and « fast food » like sandwiches, hamburgers, tapas en much more. Here you can also find our ice cream parlour.
- Apart from these restaurants, Las Dunas offers variuos bars and a pub to get a drink.
Please beware that only visitors who paid their entrance fee or have booked an accommodation have access to the campsite facilities.
How does a freestyle trick score?
In each eliminatory round two surfers show their best manoeuvres which the judges evaluate from the beach. Each run consists of 5 to 7 tricks, that is 7 on the leg going out to sea and another 7 on the leg coming back in. Each trick gets between 0 and 10 points (10 being the best)
The scores received by runners depend on 3 variables:
- Difficulty of the maneuver
- Execution of the maneuver
- Variability of the maneuver
What happens with the Eurotour SUP when it’s windy?
If there is no wind, the course will be 12km, partially on sea and on the river. If it’s windy, the distance will be shortened to 10 km.