The summer 2020 will no doubt be one to remember and there are good reasons to decide for Camping Las Dunas as your holiday destination for this summer.
In the first place, Las Dunas is located in the heart of nature. The refreshing sea breeze and the Mediterranean sun have a positive influence. And since camping life is in the open air, risks are limited. On the other hand we have implemented a series of special measures to make the campsite as safe as possible for everyone. It is very important that everybody takes this seriously and assumes his responsibilities so everyone can enjoy their well deserved summer holidays.
Which are the advantages of Camping Las Dunas?
- Our camping pitches are large and separated by hedges. It will be easy to keep a safety distance of 2 meters.
- The Las Dunas beach is huge and offers plenty of space for all sunbathers to keep their safety distance.
- Camping life is in the open air and scientists agree that the spread of the virus is reduced dramatically in open spaces. Besides, the UV radiation of the sunlight helps as well.
- All one family bungalows on the campsite have their own toilet and shower.
- Las Dunas’ sanitary facilities are semi-open and therefore very well ventilated.
- Spain was among the first countries to go into complete lock down and the restrictions have been stricter than in most European countries. And that seems to have worked, the situation is under control at the moment and there aren’t many active cases now. In the Empordà Region, where Las Dunas lies, there have been very few cases at all.
Which special measures have we implemented on Camping Las Dunas?
- Our employees have had a course to learn to execute their work the best way possible under the current circumstances and what to do in the case of possible symptoms on site. Staff is also equipped with the necessary personal protective equipment.
- We have installed dispensers with hand sanitizer at strategic points of the campsite to help everybody keep their hands clean.
- We have introduced an auto check in per internet. Guests themselves can introduce all personal information we usually request in the reception in advance. This way we hope to avoid crowds forming at the entrance and the reception.
- At all service points we have installed transparent barriers to separate the staff from the guests without losing eye to eye contact.
- We have implemented a series of special rules and regulations, based on government protocols, recommendations by the Spanish Institute for Quality in Tourism and the Spanish and Catalan Camping Associations. If everybody sticks to them, we can reduce the risk at the campsite.
- Cleaning activities will be intensified. The rubbish bins in the sanitary facilities have been replaced by pedal bins.
- We have installed signs with the specific measures for all different facilities like the supermarket, the restaurant etc.
- We will avoid the shared use of objects. Menus will be presented on boards, individual paper sheets, QR codes or similar ways.
- We will offer an animation programme, adapted to distance and hygiene measures.
- We have reduced the maximum capacity of the facilities* so everybody can keep a safety distance of 2 meters.
*) Currently, we intend to open all facilities except pub LA COVA and the nightclub FATA. During the season we will continuously evaluate the possiblity to open.